The FCSRT professional designation was created to recognize CSRT registered members who have made a significant and consistent contribution to the development of the science and profession of respiratory therapy and who have made a commitment to lifelong learning by completing 25 CE/CPD credits per year. CSRT Fellows are approved by the Board of Directors twice a year and once approved, the individual will receive a certificate and a FCSRT pin. Deadline for Fellowship applications is September 30th and April 30th of each year.
CSRT Fellowship Eligibility
The applicant must be:
- A registered member in good standing with the Society for a minimum of the preceding five years.
- Has obtained the appropriate RRT designation from the CSRT or the licensing body of the member’s home province.
- Demonstrated leadership, influence and achievement beneficial to clinical practice, education, or research in respiratory therapy at a national and/or provincial level.
- Possess documented evidence of significant contributions to the profession of respiratory therapy and to the CSRT.
- Have completed a university degree, educational certification in a specialized field of practice (i.e. asthma educator, anesthesia assistant, etc.), or having achieved equivalent clinical / professional experience (>10 years).
CSRT Fellowship Criteria
Purpose of fellowship
To recognize CSRT registered members who have demonstrated substantial leadership and have made consistent contributions to the advancement of clinical practice, education or science in respiratory therapy.
The applicant must:
- Demonstrate leadership, involvement and benefits to the clinical practice, education, or science in respiratory therapy during the previous year.
- Be committed to lifelong learning
- Maintain involvement in professional development activities for a minimum of 25 hours per year.
- Continue to be a registered member in good standing with the Society.
CSRT Fellowship Application Process
- Applications will be submitted to the CSRT, to include application form, curriculum vitae, and the signature of three (3) referrers to acknowledge leadership and contributions to clinical practice, education, or science in respiratory therapy.
- The referrrers must fill out this PDF form and submit it to the CSRT (DOWNLOAD)
- Applications will be reviewed and endorsed by the CSRT Board of Directors.
- An on-line system has been developed to assist in the tracking of professional development hours.
- Accepted Fellows will receive a suitable certificate.
- Names of CSRT Fellows will be published in the CJRT journal, and on the CSRT web site, annually.