Email Applications To:Careers@irscanada.ca
Respiratory Therapist, Dawson Creek/Fort St. John, BC
- Evaluating sleep disorders and providing continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) therapy
- Assessing Respiratory status and providing Oxygen therapy.
- Educating clients, the community and the healthcare sector about sleep and respiratory disorders
- Advocate on behalf of our clients for funding or community and outreach resources.
- Work mutually with our Client Service Coordinators administratively
Our Mission At Independent Respiratory Services (IRS)
“To provide our clients with Unsurpassed Service and Lifelong Support and to provide this with exceptional service with the utmost standard of honesty and integrity. IRS is the leader in providing sleep apnea and home oxygen therapy solutions across British Columbia, with over 40 service locations from Vancouver Island to the Rocky Mountains.”
- A confident and outgoing health care professional that works effectively on a team and independently.
- Commitment to an exceptional level of customer service.
- Willingness to learn and remain current with industry trends and professional development.
- Willingness to perform occasional on-call duties.
- Willingness to work full-time, Monday to Friday 8:30- 4:30.
Skills and qualifications
- A RRT designation is preferred, or progress towards this designation. Designations as a RPSGT, RN, LPN or similar qualifications will also be given consideration for a similar position.
- An elevated level of both written and verbal communication competencies.
- Effective computer skills, including experience with using Microsoft Office applications.
- A valid B.C. Class 5 driver’s license and the ability to travel regularly.
- Previous homecare experience (an asset).
- Strong leadership skills.
IRS is dedicated to support our employees by offering: competitive wages, benefits packages, incentive packages which include signing bonuses and relocation assistance; along with support for work/life balance and career development.