Join the CSRT

Joining the CSRT

You can join or renew online or by filling out and submitting the membership form to us!

If you have any questions, please contact the CSRT office at 1-800-267-3422.

There are two ways you can join as a Registered or Associate member*:

Need your membership and/or professional liability insurance active immediately? Call us!

CSRT Monthly Debit Plan Instructions: Please note if you wish to take advantage of the monthly payment plan you MUST print off a membership form online and submit directly to our office with a void cheque. You CANNOT join the CSRT monthly debit plan online.

*(STUDENTS and New Grads: join here, there are no refunds on CSRT membership, please make sure you join as a student.)


If applying for Registered Membership:

RRTs who are members of Regulatory Body

For RTs practicing in a regulated province, simply complete the membership form, as found above. Please include your registry number from your provincial regulatory body.

RTs from non-regulated provinces

For RTs practicing in a non-regulated province (British Columbia, Prince Edward Island and Territories), the following documents are required and must be attached to the membership application form:

  • Proof of graduation from a CoARTE-approved respiratory therapy program
  • Proof of successful completion of the exam as provided through the Canadian Board for Respiratory Care (CBRC).

If applying for Associate Membership:


Individuals holding the RRT designation from the National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC) in the United States and intend to move to Canada must satisfy registry requirements according to the process established by each jurisdiction. In Canada there are regulated and non-regulated provinces.

An individual who plans to move to a non-regulated province (British Columbia, Prince Edward Island), may earn the CSRT RRT credential through the following process:

  • Join CSRT as an Associate member online or download registration form
  • Provide NBRC verification of your RRT credential
  • Successful completion of the Canadian national exam (CBRC exam)

Individuals moving to provinces where the profession of respiratory therapy is regulated (Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Nova Scotia) must contact the appropriate regulatory body for their specific requirements to work in that province. Contact information is available HERE.

Internationally educated health professionals

Individuals who have not received their respiratory therapy education and training in an approved school here in Canada may join the CSRT as an Associate Member. This will keep you informed and connected with the profession of respiratory therapy in Canada. However, please note that membership alone DOES NOT qualify an individual to WORK as a Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) here in Canada and there are no provisions for gaining the CSRT’s Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) credential from outside Canada.