April 1, 2023 - March 31, 2024 membership year
April 1, 2023 - March 31, 2024 membership year
Membership runs from the day you join to the end of the membership year in which you graduate.
There are two ways to finance your CSRT membership:
1. Visa / Mastercard, Cheque or Money Order
- We recommend you join or renew online (links below)
- You can renew by telephone 1-800-267-3422, ext. 0.
- Scan and email your membership form to our membership team.
- Fax your membership form to 613-521-4314.
- If you are paying by cheque or money order, please make payable to CSRT and mail your membership form (including your method of payment), to the CSRT Ottawa Office. PLEASE NOTE: We ask that you not mail in the form if you have a deadline we must process your form by, due to the ongoing chance of office closures.
2. Monthly Payment Plan (offered to Registered and Associate members only)
Pay your membership in easy monthly installments directly from your bank account. Send your membership application and a void cheque to the CSRT via email or fax. Please note that certain deadlines are in effect for provincial license dues paid through the CSRT on the Monthly Payment Plan. Please contact us for more information.
Become a Member
You can now join the CSRT as a Registered or Associate Member for the April 1, 2023 - March 31, 2024 membership year.
Need your membership active immediately? Once you have joined, you can purchase membership for the remainder of the current year in the Store inside the Member Portal.
Definition: An individual holding a valid certificate of registry from the Society, who has paid the applicable annual dues and has received the approval of the Board.
There are two ways to join the CSRT as a REGISTERED MEMBER:
1. RRTs who are members of a Canadian Regulatory Body
For RTs practicing in a regulated province, simply join online (link below). You must include your registry number from your provincial regulatory body.
2. RTs from non-regulated provinces
For RTs practicing in a non-regulated province (British Columbia and the Territories), the following documents are required and must be uploaded during the membership application process:
- Proof of graduation from an Accreditation Canada (or CoARTE prior to September 1, 2019) approved respiratory therapy program
- Proof of successful completion of the exam as provided through the Canadian Board for Respiratory Care (CBRC).
See Associate Membership section on this page or email email@example.com
Definition: An individual NOT holding a certificate of registry from the Society and who has paid the applicable annual dues.
Individuals who have not received their respiratory therapy education and training in an approved school in Canada may join the CSRT as an Associate Member. This will keep you informed and connected with the profession of respiratory therapy in Canada. However, please note that membership DOES NOT qualify an individual to WORK as a Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) in Canada and there are no provisions for gaining the CSRT’s Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) credential from outside Canada.
Individuals holding the RRT designation from the National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC) in the United States and intend to move to Canada must satisfy registry requirements according to the process established by each jurisdiction. In Canada there are regulated and non-regulated provinces. An individual who plans to move to a non-regulated province (British Columbia, Prince Edward Island), may earn the CSRT RRT credential through the following process:
- Join CSRT as an Associate member (link below)
- Provide NBRC verification of your RRT credential
- Successfully complete the Canadian national exam (CBRC exam)
Internationally educated health professionals: Individuals who have not received their respiratory therapy education and training in an approved school here in Canada may join the CSRT as an Associate Member. This will keep you informed and connected with the profession of respiratory therapy in Canada. However, please note that membership alone DOES NOT qualify an individual to WORK as a Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) here in Canada and there are no provisions for gaining the CSRT’s Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) credential from outside Canada.
Philippines Applicants: If you are a member of the ARCPP, you will be required to enter your promo code at check-out to receive the discount. If you have questions regarding the promo code, please email our membership team before continuing.
Please note that membership to the CSRT alone does not qualify an individual to work as a Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) in Canada and there are no provisions for gaining the CSRT’s Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) credential from outside Canada.
For a one-time payment of $100 students will be a CSRT Student Member during their education program. This includes:
- The membership is valid from when the student first joins the CSRT until March 31st of the year following their graduation from an approved respiratory therapy program
- Receive a certificate of registry and pin upon the successful completion of the CBRC national certification examination
- Subscription to the Canadian Journal of Respiratory Therapy (CJRT)
- Professional liability insurance coverage is afforded to Students during their clinical year while working under the direct supervision of a respiratory therapist, who is a CSRT member covered by professional liability insurance.
Did You Know?
Professional liability insurance (PLI) for new graduates: PLI coverage is available FOR PURCHASE to new graduates who are CSRT members and are eligible for restricted licenses in their province, and have started working prior to passing the national exam. An unsuccessful attempt at the National Certification Exam or failure to complete the exam within 12 months of graduation will mean the Professional Liability Insurance will expire at the end of the CSRT insurance policy term and the new graduate will be ineligible for PLI until successfully passing the National Certification Exam.
Renew Your Membership
You can now renew your membership for the April 1, 2023 - March 31, 2024 membership year.
If you have any questions, please contact the CSRT office at 1-800-267-3422.
In November 2018, the CSRT migrated to a new database. Only individuals who had been members in the previous 3 years were carried over.