CSRT Systematic and Integrative Review Initiative
Ever had a burning practice question?
Wondering if there are better ways to do things in your daily practice?
Wondering if they way things have ‘always been done’ might be the wrong way?
Looking to learn some new research skills?
Join the CSRT’s new Systematic and Integrative Review Initiative (SIRI). No research experience is needed!
Together with a group of your peers you will complete a practice informing systematic review that answers an important clinical question, and benefit from the support of an experienced mentor. SIRI incorporates a 13-week fully online course in systematic and integrative review with practical experience in completing a review.
SIRI is only available to CSRT registered and associate members.
As part of SIRI you will learn:
- the skills you need to do a systematic or integrative review
- a deeper understanding of research designs
- increased confidence in understanding research
- additional expertise in the topic area of your group’s review
On completion of SIRI requirements, you will receive:
- publication of your findings in the CJRT
- the opportunity to present your findings at the 2020 CSRT Annual Education Conference in Montreal, QC. (If you are selected to present, you will also receive a complimentary conference registration.)
- a certificate of course completion and CSRT accredited CE credits
- the chance to inform and improve practice!
What you will need to contribute:
- a commitment to participate in one hour of online class time over a 13-week period between June and August 2019 (classes are anticipated to occur on Wednesday’s at 7:00 pm EST)
- a commitment to approx. 3 hours/week of additional work outside of the scheduled class time
- a commitment to collaborate with your team for completion of your chosen project
- your clinical experiences, alongside your critical thinking and team work skills
- a desire to develop their research skills – no prior research experience is necessary