New this year! Posters will be presented in digital format (E-Posters)The CSRT welcomes submission of E-Posters in two different categories:
(1) student respiratory therapists and
(2) practicing respiratory therapists (RT). E-Posters may present the results of a range of research approaches including original research, literature reviews, systematic reviews, or case presentations. Throughout the CSRT Annual Conference, E-Posters will be displayed on interactive monitors for viewing by attendees. Why should you enter? The presentation of your work at an educational conference (and publication in a peer-reviewed journal) is prestigious, and an acknowledgement of your professional status. It will contribute to your personal and professional development, and the work will provide you with credibility in the field. Being a presenter and a published writer is a marketable skill and it looks great on your résumé, helping to advance your career.
How do I get Started?
- Check out the rules and guidelines below
- Write an abstract
- Create your poster
- Submit your abstract and electronic poster by April 27, 2020
Submission CriteriaSubmissions from students must have been completed during the educational period and must be entered while enrolled in an RT education program and prior to entry to practice. Submissions from respiratory therapy students must include at least 80 per cent of their direct input/work. Assistance from faculty or other RRTs must be acknowledged and these individuals may be listed as co-authors.
Submissions from respiratory therapists must include at least 80 per cent of their direct input/work. Assistance from any commercial firm must be acknowledged.
Names on the abstract must match the names of the authors and co-authors as they are displayed on the poster.
Authors are responsible for covering expenses related to the preparation and presentation of posters as well as cost associated with travel, accommodations and registration. No expenses will be covered by the CSRT.
Eligibility ExclusionsThe following individuals are not eligible to participate in the poster presentations: members of the CSRT Board of Directors, association employees, and CSRT members who are employed by manufacturers of medical equipment, accessories or supplies in the field of respiratory technology.
Submission ProcessPlease complete/submit the entry form by April 27, 2020. Submit by using the form below.
Withdrawal from CompetitionApplicants who for any reason must withdraw from the Poster Presentation should advise Knollet@csrt.com at least seven (7) days prior to the start of the conference.
Judging and GradingEntries are examined by a panel of three volunteer judges. To ensure impartiality, the identity of judges is kept confidential.
Individual critique forms will be completed to assess the following areas:
- Educational Value (40%)
- Technical Accuracy (25%)
- Logical Presentation (15%)
- Originality of Presentation/Visual Impact (20%)
Poster Creation and DisplayPlease refer to the Poster Guidelines document above.
LiabilityAuthors assume full responsibility for the content of their abstracts and e-posters.
Presentation of Poster Competition PrizesThe Poster Competition winners will be announced at the Presidents’ Banquet. If more than one person is involved with the development of a winning exhibit, a letter of congratulations will be sent to all co-authors.
Submission of a poster presentation signifies acceptance of the regulations and of the intent of the regulations. Failure to comply with regulations could result in disqualification.