Expand each category to view the full details:
An individual holding a valid certificate of registry from the Society, who has paid the applicable annual dues and has received the approval of the Board.Click here to join today!
An individual not holding a certificate of registry from the Society, who has paid the applicable annual dues and has received the approval of the Board.Click here to join today!
An individual who is training in a respiratory therapy program. More information is available on the right.Click here to join today!
NEW! Senior Membership – The Senior membership is available to an RT who had previously qualified for registered membership, has reached the age of 55 and is no longer directly or indirectly involved in the professional practice of respiratory therapy.Please contact us today to join the CSRT as a Senior member!
CSRT corporate membership enables our industry partners to be recognized by our members and other stakeholders as supporters of the CSRT and respiratory therapists nationwide. We’ve listened to your request and suggestions and have taken your suggestion and developed a mutually beneficial membership package specifically for corporate members.Please contact us today to join the CSRT as a Corporate member!
Distinguished Life Membership is conferred upon individuals who have provided meritorious service to the CSRT. The conferral of Life Membership represents the highest form of recognition by one’s peers, and is accordingly classified under the CSRT Distinguished Life Membership category. A person who is a CSRT Registered Member and has rendered distinguished services to the society may be honoured by the society to this classification of distinguished membership. The number of Distinguished Life Members at any given time shall not exceed fifteen.More information about the CSRT Distinguished Life Member Award and list of recipients
Honorary Life Membership is conferred upon individuals who have provided meritorious service to the CSRT. A person who is not otherwise eligible for registered membership in the CSRT, or is an industry partner, an individual who has rendered distinguished service to the profession of respiratory therapy or to the CSRT, may be honoured by the society to this classification of Honorary Life Membership.More information about the CSRT Honorary Life Member Award and list of recipients
For a one-time payment of $100 students will be a CSRT Student Member during their education program. This includes:
- The membership is valid from when the student first joins the CSRT until March 31st of the year following their graduation from an approved respiratory therapy program
- Receive a certificate of registry and pin upon the successful completion of the CBRC national certification examination
- Subscription to the Canadian Journal of Respiratory Therapy (CJRT)
- Professional liability insurance coverage is afforded to Students during their clinical year while working under the direct supervision of a respiratory therapist, who is a CSRT member covered by professional liability insurance.
Did You Know?
Professional liability insurance (PLI) for new graduates: PLI coverage is available for new graduates who are CSRT members and are eligible for restricted licenses in their province, and have started working prior to passing the national exam. An unsuccessful attempt at the National Certification Exam or failure to complete the exam within 12 months of graduation will mean the Professional Liability Insurance will expire at the end of the CSRT insurance policy term and the new graduate will be ineligible for PLI until successfully passing the National Certification Exam.
The Canadian Society of Respiratory Therapists is the national voice for Canada's growing community of respiratory therapists.
CSRT members have access to:
- Professional liability insurance (available to Registered and Student Members)
- Online professional development education available through the member portal that includes online training, past webinars, access to courses, and other educational material
- Access to complimentary live webinars
- An online credit tracking platform available through the member portal to manage professional development activities
- Discounted registration for the CSRT Annual Education Conference
- Online membership renewal and registration to CSRT events
- Access to a monthly debit plan to facilitate paying for national association dues, provincial association dues and provincial licensing fees
- Opportunity to obtain the CSRT Fellowship designation
- Opportunity to obtain the CSRT Anesthesia Assistant Certificate
- Volunteer opportunities to participate in the direction of the Society by sitting on the Board of Directors
- Advocacy efforts on behalf of members to promote national standards, to offer new opportunities for respiratory therapists and to ensure that health policy makers take into account the respiratory therapists perspective on healthcare policy
- National standards of practice and a code of ethical and professional conduct
- Preferred rates for various products and services through CSRT Affinity Partners (see below)
- CSRT has teamed up with Prolink to offer its members the option to buy into a monthly plan for extended healthcare benefits, dental benefits, long-term disability etc. For more information please visit their tailored website here.
- Special gym membership pricing available through GoodLife Fitness to CSRT members. The annual fee of $499 is a steal and includes many perks! (Use your CSRT ID# as your Employee/Member #) Information Sheet & Program FAQ
- Preferred group rates on Home and Auto insurance through TD Insurance Meloche Monnex. Visit their website for more information.
- Receive free laser engraving, a free ID tag (SKU 2170 or 2171) and stethoscope carry cases at 1/2 price, with every stethoscope purchase at Stethoscope.ca. Use promo code CSRT2018 when placing your order (you must first put items in your cart and discount will be applied when you check out with the promo code)
- Exclusive CSRT Travel Discount Program through Local Hospitality, savings may exceed 50%, and average 10-20% below-market on all hotels and car rental suppliers around the world. Any hotel, any car, anywhere, anytime!
- NEW! Discounted rates from Park’N Fly in airports in Vancouver, Toronto, Montréal, Edmonton, Ottawa and Halifax.
- Canadian Automobile Association (CAA) (We are currently revisiting this offer, website will be updated soon)
- Scrubs Canada offers as 10% discount off the purchase price. Use promo code "CSRT" under coupons at checkout
Professional Liability Insurance
- Professional Liability Insurance applies on a “claims-made basis”.
Translation: It only responds if there is an active policy when a claim is reported, not when the incident actually occurred.
- This liability insurance is only valid for claims made and legal proceedings carried out in Canada.
- You must report all incidents and claims as soon as you become aware of them (contact info below).
Professional liability insurance coverage for the April 1, 2019 - March 31, 2020 membership year
Professional Liability Insurance
Professional liability insurance is available to CSRT Registered Members and to Student Members who are new graduates eligible for a restricted license and have started working prior to passing the National Certification Exam.
The CSRT is committed to delivering ongoing value and exclusive access to comprehensive and competitively priced Professional Liability Insurance. As the profession, regulatory, and legal environments evolve, so too should your coverage and access to risk management.
The price below is the new rate for the 2019-2020 membership period.
As a result, CSRT has negotiated the best possible Professional Liability Insurance for its members this renewal; with greater access to specialist service, evidence-based risk resources, and more.
All registered members now have access to an inclusive $5M option for the period of April 1, 2019 to March 31, 2020 at a rate that is 40% less than before!
The Value of Having your Own Insurance Policy
We encourage all RTs to hold their own Professional Liability Insurance (PLI) policy. The CSRT PLI policy follows you 24/7 through your full scope of practice as a respiratory therapist and is not limited to your place of employment.
It’s important to be aware that employer’s PLI plans, such as those offered to employees of hospitals and health authorities, may be limited and likely will not cover RTs for volunteer work, work done outside of the employment setting, or when there is a complaint to your regulatory body.
New ! $5M option - $49$5,000,000 per claim / $10,000,000 aggregate per year
(plus applicable tax in MB, NL, ON, QC and SK)