Expand each category to view the full details:
An individual holding a valid certificate of registry from the Society, who has paid the applicable annual dues and has received the approval of the Board.Click here to join today!
An individual not holding a certificate of registry from the Society, who has paid the applicable annual dues and has received the approval of the Board.Click here to join today!
An individual who is training in a respiratory therapy program. More information is available on the right.Click here to join today!
NEW! Senior Membership – The Senior membership is available to an RT who had previously qualified for registered membership, has reached the age of 55 and is no longer directly or indirectly involved in the professional practice of respiratory therapy.Please contact us today to join the CSRT as a Senior member!
CSRT corporate membership enables our industry partners to be recognized by our members and other stakeholders as supporters of the CSRT and respiratory therapists nationwide. We’ve listened to your request and suggestions and have taken your suggestion and developed a mutually beneficial membership package specifically for corporate members.Please contact us today to join the CSRT as a Corporate member!
An individual elected as such by the Board of Directors of the Society.Please contact us today to join the CSRT as an Honorary member!
For a one-time payment of $100 students will be a CSRT Student Member during their education program. This includes:
- The membership is valid from when the student first joins the CSRT until March 31st of the year following their graduation from an approved respiratory therapy program
- Receive a certificate of registry and pin upon the successful completion of the CBRC national certification examination
- Subscription to the Canadian Journal of Respiratory Therapy (CJRT)
- Professional liability insurance coverage is afforded to Students during their clinical year while working under the direct supervision of a respiratory therapist, who is a CSRT member covered by professional liability insurance.
Did You Know?
Professional liability insurance (PLI) for new graduates: PLI coverage is available for new graduates who are CSRT members and are eligible for restricted licenses in their province, and have started working prior to passing the national exam. An unsuccessful attempt at the National Certification Exam or failure to complete the exam within 12 months of graduation will mean the Professional Liability Insurance will expire at the end of the CSRT insurance policy term and the new graduate will be ineligible for PLI until successfully passing the National Certification Exam.
The Canadian Society of Respiratory Therapists is the national voice for Canada's growing community of respiratory therapists.
CSRT members have access to:
- Professional liability insurance (details below)
- A subscription to the Canadian Journal of Respiratory Therapy (CJRT), the only journal designed especially for Canada's respiratory therapists
- Discounted registration for the CSRT Annual Education Conference
- An online credit tracking platform to manage professional development activities
- Online membership renewal and registration to CSRT events
- On-line education – (RT Resource) that includes tutorials, guidelines, review of articles, and other educational material.
- Access to complimentary webinars
- Access to a monthly debit plan to facilitate paying for national association dues, provincial association dues and provincial licensing fees
- Opportunity to obtain the CSRT Fellowship designation
- Opportunity to obtain the CSRT Anesthesia Assistant Certificate
- A monthly CSRT newsletter, highlighting Society activities and respiratory news and information
- Advocacy efforts on behalf of members to promote national standards, to offer new opportunities for respiratory therapists and to ensure that health policy makers take into account the respiratory therapists perspective on healthcare policy
- National standards of practice and a code of ethical and professional conduct
- Volunteer opportunities to participate in the direction of the Society by sitting on the Board of Directors
- CSRT has teamed up with Prolink to offer its members the option to buy into a monthly plan for extended healthcare benefits, dental benefits, long-term disability etc. For more information please visit their tailored website here.
- Special gym membership pricing available through GoodLife Fitness to CSRT members. The annual fee of $499 is a steal and includes many perks! (Use your CSRT ID# as your Employee/Member #)
- Receive free laser engraving, a free ID tag (SKU 2170 or 2171) and stethoscope carry cases at 1/2 price, with every stethoscope purchase at Stethoscope.ca. Use promo code CSRT2018 when placing your order (you must first put items in your cart and discount will be applied when you check out with the promo code)
- Preferred group rates on Home and Auto insurance through TD Insurance Meloche Monnex. Visit their website for more information.
- Exclusive CSRT Travel Discount Program through Local Hospitality, savings may exceed 50%, and average 10-20% below-market on all hotels and car rental suppliers around the world. Any hotel, any car, anywhere, anytime!
- NEW! Discounted rates from Park’N Fly in airports in Vancouver, Toronto, Montréal, Edmonton, Ottawa and Halifax.
- Canadian Automobile Association (CAA) (We are currently revisiting this offer, website will be updated soon)
- Scrubs Canada offers as 10% discount off the purchase price. Use promo code "CSRT" under coupons at checkout
Professional Liability Insurance
The CSRT has the negotiating power to obtain the best possible professional liability and legal defense insurance for its members. CSRT Registered members have access to special rates on Professional Liability and Legal Defence Insurance fee. The CSRT has once again this year maintained excellent insurance coverage at a reasonable cost for its members for the period of April 1, 2018 to March 31, 2019.
We encourage all RTs to check their coverage to ensure they are adequately protected against adverse events. Group insurance programs offered by employers may be limited and likely will not cover RTs for volunteer work, special projects, private practice or when there is a complaint to your licensing body!
The Value of Professional Liability Protection
Purchasing professional liability insurance on your own, and not through a group, can cost in the hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars.
IMPORTANT: Professional Liability Insurance applies on a “claims-made basis”. Translation: It only responds if there is an active policy when a claim is reported, not when the incident actually occurred.
The prices below are the current rates for the 2018-2019 membership year.
$2,000,000 per claim / $5,000,000 aggregate per year
Remainder of the April 1, 2018 - March 31, 2019 membership year: $23
(plus applicable tax in MB, NL, ON, QC and SK)
For further information on coverage or advice regarding an incident please contact: